Closing a Chapter

Five and a half years ago, looking for some extra money to spend on my Punkins, I applied to my local Pier 1 Imports store as holiday help.  Christmas was coming, and I thought it would be great to be able to fund the holiday without killing the household budget.  I have always loved Pier 1, the products, the people,  the smells, that red tile floor, and yes, the music.  It was my Happy Place! 

Going in for my interview I was excited, and when I met Steven, the store manager, I instantly liked him!  Long story short, I was hired, and was so very happy to be working in this beautiful store!  I had no retail experience,  but when you love what you sell, it's super easy to be a good salesperson! 

Christmas came and went, and I was asked to stay on.  I did, and after some more time passed, I was approached about becoming a Sales Leader, a shift manager.  It was more hours, but I loved this place, so after some thought, I agreed and began working at my new position.   After several years, needing more time to work at Troy's business, I gave my notice.  It was difficult to do, and after a short five months, went back, again, as holiday help....and stayed after the holiday!  I just love this store!  I couldn't stay away!

Why am I telling you all of this?  Because this week, this chapter of my life closed.  My beloved Pier 1 closed.  The chain is still going strong, but my location closed.  I had no idea how hard this would hit me!  I only worked 2 shifts a month at this point, but I truly loved this place and all of my work family!  I have made so many good friends through the store, good friends that are definitely more like family!  I have "work daughters" that I will miss seeing on a regular basis, women I have laughed and cried with, women I have danced with to YMCA when it was on our store soundtrack for awhile, just to made people laugh!  Tuesday nights processing truck with Steven in the back room is one of my very fondest memories, discussing everything in the world including relationships and family, and certain actors that we both liked and would "fight" over! 

So as this chapter closes, I will cherish the good memories and good friends I have made, and now fill those 10 hours a month with things from my 60 before 60 list.  A new chapter is beginning, and I will embrace it with the same passion and energy that I embraced my time at Pier 1 with!  Because in life, why do anything if you aren't going to do it with passion?  That's Crazy Mimi's Rule Number One! 😊

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Sycamore Tree

Quiet Christmas Thoughts

27 Days as a Minimalist