Living Crazy Mimi's Best Life

For the past several days, this Crazy Mimi has been living her best life.  
No secrets here.  What you see on Facebook is what I'm doing.   

Lake Anna, VA gets invaded yearly by a gang of hooligans I call my Punkins. 
Ranging in age from 7 to 20, with one Great Punkin who is almost 9 months old, and has completely stolen Mimi's heart.  Like I mean gone, taken, never to return stolen. To see your Grandson become an incredibly awesome Daddy is so unbelievably cool! 
So with four generations together, there's bound to be tons of pictures taken and memories made, not to mention the laughter that is loud and crazy, and probably terribly annoying to anyone close by.....like at the beach when we started getting looks...😆

Dalton, Shelbie, and Raylynn were only with us for one day, but what a day it was! I got to see Raylynn crawl, and it reminded me that I saw her Daddy walk for the first time at the lake.  This place just overflows with good memories. 

We didn't get to enjoy Jeremy and Angie's company this year due to Jeremy recovering from surgery, but they very graciously rented us a boat for a day, and made some incredible goodies for us to enjoy, so we had them there in spirit.

We swam, boated, kayaked, made smores, told stories,  and had our annual "Lake Awards" courtesy of Brandon.

We had a couple of firsts this year. Callen kayaked with me for the first time. So cool!  This Mimi was so happy! 
Raylynn had her first "Nana Cookie"!
(My last blog post explains the "Nana Cookie" story.)
And we had our first house that had no wifi....whaaaatt??  Yeah, we all survived!

My Punkins teased me as always about what I eat, and about working out, but if I can be even a little bit of a role model for them, I want to prove that age really doesn't mean anything. If I can show them that eating well and taking care of your body is extremely important to a healthy future, then I will take that teasing from them!

We didn't get our full week this year, but, well....2020.  Need I say more?

Basically, Crazy Mimi has lived her best life these past few days, even with laundry and cooking, and being a scary mean Mimi last night when I was trying to sleep, and the Punkins were being, well, teenagers.  

I love these kids with all of my heart, and spending time with them is all I ever want. I love cooking with them,  kayaking with them one on one, taking crazy pictures, and listening to their wild stories and impressions of political people. 

Yup, I have definitely been living my best life since Thursday! And I couldn't ask for anything more! ❤

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Sycamore Tree

Quiet Christmas Thoughts

2023 Gratefulness