Nana's Cookies

To begin this post, let me explain who Nana is...
My Mom is Nana to most of her Great Grandchildren. (Brandon calls her something else because he has another Nana.) 
Nana is greatly loved by all her Great Grandchildren, and known for certain things.  For instance, she always has "Nana mints" on her.  Some people call these mint lifesavers,  but no...they are Nana mints!

Nana's tuna salad is pretty famous in our family!  No one...and I mean NO ONE can make it, and have it taste like hers.  Many have tried,  many have failed. So I don't even try anymore.  When we go to the lake for vacation,  I buy her the cans of tuna, and she blesses us with her tuna salad which lasts a very short time. Same thing when we go to races.  Tailgating isn't complete without Nana's tuna salad.

Nana is also known for homemade everything.  She keeps cookie jars full at her house all the time.  A sign hangs above them saying she charges "one hug" for "one cookie" or something to that effect. 
My VA Punkins don't get to come North often, so anytime we are going to a race with them, or to the lake, my Mom always sends cookies.  I bring out the containers, they recognize them instantly, and a chorus of "Nana Cookies " is heard!  And it's not just one kind of cookie.   Oh no!  We have snickerdoodles and sugar cookies!
Yesterday when I picked them up, my Mom said "as long as I'm able, those kids will have cookies from me"!  This is something my Punkins will always remember.  ALWAYS!  And today, her Great Great Granddaughter will have her first Nana cookie!  This, my friends, is very special!

So as we head South for a few days of fun at the lake, I carry precious cargo with me. I have Nana's tuna salad and Nana Cookies!  This family is very blessed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Sycamore Tree

Quiet Christmas Thoughts

2023 Gratefulness